2-4-18 Without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes (Francis McDormand) makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command, Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell)-- an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence -- gets involved, the battle explodes. Racisim and bigotry play heavy in several of the characters.

Francis McDormand won the Golden Globe for Best Actress and she should win the Oscar.... her performance is strong, convincing and beyond what the other nominees deliver. The film unfortunately has a European ending which leaves its audience to decide on an ending. I hate that but still this picture is my favorite of all those nominated for Best Picture. It is not getting heavy talk in that direction and I wonder why. Perhaps its the bigotry of characters we have to develop a liking or respect for that weighs down on favorable talk. Martin McDonagh Director - Screen Writer is only nominated for his writing but should have been included in the Director category.